Rechargeable Solid State (Polymer) Lithium-ion Battery Cells
SAFER, DURABLE, LONGER-LASTING, LOW COST CELLS: SMARTENERGI IS INTRODUCING NEW RECHARGEABLE SOLID STATE LITHIUM-ION CELLS FOR MAKING SMALL, MEDIUM, AND LARGE FORMAT BATTERIES NEEDED IN VARIOUS INDUSTRIES. THESE CELLS ARE SAFER, HAVE LONGER LIFE, WITHSTAND BOTH LOWER AND HIGHER TEMPERATURES, ARE SCALEBALE, AND LOW COST.
THE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION
SmartEnergi rechargeable solid state lithium-ion cells are made with a unique and scalable innovative electrolyte transformation process that utilizes the same production equipment used for making liquid electrolyte based lithium-ion cells, allowing us to take advantage of inherent scalability and low cost production.
Additionally, due to this electrolyte innovative process, SmartEnergi rechargeable solid state lithium-ion batteries attain the same desired safety and higher energy density benefits expected from conventional solid state cells without the need for expensive conventional vacuum deposition process used in conventional solid state cell production.
Furthermore, because SmartEnergi’s rechargeable solid state lithium-ion cell manufacturing innovation does not use expensive vacuum deposition methods, our cells are not limited to only small thin film and micro batteries. Instead, our manufacturing innovation supports the production of low cost and high performance cells of various form factors (from micro batteries through small format to large format batteries) for micro electronics, consumer electronics, medical device, electric transportation, clean energy and stationary energy storage systems applications.
TYPE 1: Rechargeable Solid State Lithium-ion Cells with Protective Pouch for Traditional Operating Conditions
Small and Large format Rechargeable Solid State Lithium-ion cells for normal temperature operations.
TYPE 2: Rechargeable Solid State Lithium-ion Cells with Protective Pouch for Extreme High/Low Temperature Conditions
Rechargeable Small and Large format Solid State Lithium-ion cells for extreme temperature operations.
ADVANTAGES / BENEFITS
- Battery Chemistry: Applicable to different battery chemistries.
- Conductivity: Iionic Conductivity is better than conventional soid electrolyte based lithium-ion cells.
- Safety: Increased safety and hence potentially leading to a lesser requirement for redundant safety electronic circuits.
- Temperature: An ability to expose the cells to relatively higher temperatures above 60C, enabling the cells to be considered for heat management. Ability for low temperature operation.
- Swell: Does not swell when in storage compared to industry standard conventional cells which increase swelling during storage, and hence diminishes their reliability, cycle life, and shelf life.
- Packaging: Utilization of very low packaging overhead or elimination of superfluous packaging materials allowing for (a) thinner cells and hence relatively higher energy density cells, (b) reduced width and length and hence more useful space, and (c) benign nature of the cells offer additional potential benefits which includes (i) cutting into flat shapes or forms to fit device interiors and (ii) cut cells as sandwich layers, each layer having cutouts to match tall components inside the device.
Comparison of SmartEnergi Solid Lithium-ion, Liquid Electrolyte and Conventional Thin Solid Stage Batteries.
MARKETS & INDUSTRIES
Wearables, IoT, Sensors, and Other Micro-electronics Applications
Electric Vehicles, Drones, UAVs, Airplanes, Submarines, Replacement of Starting, Lighting, Ignition (SLI) and Stop-Start Lead Acid Batteries in Conventional Vehicles
Cell Phones, Smart Phones, Tablets, Laptops
DEFENSE & SECURITY
Backup Power, Lightweight Portable Electronics, etc.
Stationary Batteries including: Buildings; Wind Turbine, Solar Panels, Diesel Power Generators.